Thursday, February 5, 2009

Grenada In Pictures








So, aside from the unfortunate decision to fence off that one bit of shoreline, Grenada is very beautiful. I'm finding myself wanting to read up a bit on the geology and wildlife of the island, having seen a bird and an insect today that I couldn't even begin to identify, and a bunch of rocks that made me curious.

Last night Katie and I went out to Stuart's to discover that the final-term medicine students were all there too, commemorating the fact that they have only 100 days until graduation and their departure from the island. Most of them didn't seem especially sad, but it must be a time of mixed feelings; St. George's has students from all over the world, and once you leave there's probably not much reason to come back to Grenada. I'd imagine some friends wouldn't see each other for years and years.

Today I accompanied Katie to her Animal Welfare and Production lecture, which was quite interesting. The focus for today was pet birds and all of their various problems (lots of discussion of screaming). I did cut out before embryology, though - I went yesterday and decided there are only so many fetus diagrams one can look at before getting distinctly squicked out.

That's it for now! Hope you, dear readers, are all well and happy.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got in safe etc.! I am also so, so, SO jealous of your surf, sun, and sand. It's kind of freezing here at the mo, but somebody was promising me positive temperatures in the double digits this weekend, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    Those pictures are beautiful. Good job, sistor!!

    Um! You should sign on to Skype or gmail chat, if you want a chat. I'll be around! :) <3

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squee over that little crab! I second Elise's envy, I could really go for some sand and sun right about now (-28C wind chill! XD).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wee crab is the most! His little lair was right in front of our towel set-up, and he kept popping in and out.

    You poor frozen people. :( I hope you are staying cozy and drinking hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are gorgeous! Wouldn't that be funny if you went to one veterinary lecture and then decided that was your calling??

    ReplyDelete
  5. More posts! More pictures! The fans are getting restless back here.

    ReplyDelete