Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Spice Island

I reached Grenada last night, safe and sound. Dad and I had a nearly-teary (on my part anyway) farewell at the airport and I boarded the red-eye to Toronto. Ontario threw me some serious flurries as a send-off present, but the plane got out with no problems. Landing in Barbados was like touching down on another planet, one where it is actually warm! My first sight of Grenada wasn't during the day, so today Katie and I have done a bit of driving around to get oriented - the beach, the grocery store, all that. We're going out to local haunt Stuart's tonight (not sure how that's actually spelled). Although I was nervous heading out, I feel pretty good about this trip now! The next week at least is sure to be stellar. Took a bunch of photos today, so I'll see about uploading them at some point very soon!

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting, you are on the Spice Island! I know what you mean by "touching down on another planet" - important to keep in mind that most of the world is not cold.

    ReplyDelete